Friday, July 12, 2013

June was Fuzzy

It seems like it was a long month, but it went by in a blur. First there was the long drive to San Francisco. And home again. 1100 miles. After which, I turned around and drove again to Oregon and back, 2100 miles. While I was in Oregon, I fondled many, many fleeces from many kinds of sheep. I partied with friends and worked in the Wool Show. It was wonderful, but tiring. And then I came home to - a really dirty house and my son coming to visit from China.
You would think I would start cleaning right away, but I can't seem to get motivated. So much to do, now where to put everything. AND, I am making cheese.
Yes, cheese is higher on the list than cleaning out the house. I did fix some of the lawn sprinklers. And repaired a plumbing leak. I am closing out the books for an organization and doing the end of the year report. But, the house, ugh! I just can't face the clutter and the mess.
I will get there, before he gets here. But for the moment, there is goat's milk and cheese on my mind and in my cheese press. And soon, it will be in the brine. That is one of the great joys of staying home and playing with my toys- fresh peaches, home made cheese, delicious fresh meals, and some wool to spin.
Life is sweet and I am taking my time to enjoy it.
Bon Apetit!

No comments: