Monday, December 10, 2007

Fluffys been distracted

It has been quite awhile since the last post.
I have a new (well not so new) computer. My Sweet Guy got a really nice new one and I got his really nice old one. It needed some work, but it is very nice. We be Mac'n now, at Fluffys.

But that was only one distraction. I have discovered socks. "Of course," you say. "It is cold outside." but that is not what I mean. I am knitting socks. I started spinning wool (a fluffy thing it is, too) about 1 1/2 years ago. And I have crocheted some things like blankets and such, but then I decided to make socks. I got some double pointed needles (dpn) at a thrift store and looked up instructions online- Socks 101. But it wasn't very good. SO I bought a book- sensational socks- that I read about online. That was very good. Now I am making lots of socks. Baby bootie socks, demo socks, my socks, his socks, girl's socks- almost all from wool washed, combed, and spun by Fluffy herself. And dyed with food color. I am about to venture into the chemical dye world, as the Koolaid and food color dye is quite inconsistent. The Koolaid smells great, though. And the commercial dyes have a better color selection. Then a friend gave me a pattern for leaf socks- way cool. Embossed Leaves pattern, from Interweave Knits Winter 2005/6.
So I haven't done much blogging. I have been learning about my not quite new machine. I have been writing a Muffin Book, and I have been spinning, coloring and knitting.

Of course there was also Thanks day, chicken issues, car trouble, and the girl's new boyfriend. All very exciting and time consuming.
You may have noticed that there is no gardening right now in Fluffysgarden. Well, I have pruned a couple of trees, netted in a bed to keep the chickens out, and hired a group to install a new fence at the back. I have drawn plans for the Fireplace/living room remodel and started back at the gym 2 times a week.
I have only baked one batch of holiday cookies, but have been sending little instructions to China for others to bake.
I have also cleaned out things to donate, worked on a baby quilt, and cleaned house (rarely, but it does count).

Did I mention that I also had to learn how to take the pictures and upload and all that?
Fluffys little brain is full for now.
Next : beans- I am thinking about Chinese long beans. I am thinking about spring and getting the garden ready. I may be close to done with socks for now- well, soon, maybe.

3 comments:

Rosemary Riveter said...

Hi fluffy, other fluffy here. Thanks for your comment.

You are hardcore with the socks! Not only making them but from your own handspun! I have made only two whole pairs, and 1.5 Christmas stockings.

hakucho said...

Your husband tipped me off about your blog, so I thought I'd drop by and say "Hi"! You certainly have been very busy. Lucky you being able to spin your own wool. I would love to learn, but doesn't look like it's in the cards for me, but I LOVE seeing what others do with their spinning. Your socks knitted from hand spun yarn are wonderful!

happy knitting :)

Kyrwyn said...

One should mention that the socks in the bottom photo are now well-traveled socks. They have been to LA, Raleigh, Boston and tonight they will go to Providence. (Additionally, they are very warm and cozy for New England winter nights.)

Perhaps I will start taking pictures of the socks in various cities ... It is something to think about.